Saturday, September 1, 2012

I've never been so proud...

Cade told me this evening that at school he has a new friend who is in a wheelchair and talks kinda funny (from what he has told me, I think he could possibly have MS or maybe CP??). Anyways, he said on the playground there were some kids playing basketball and they were throwing the ball to him real hard or going and grabbing it from him and making fun of him and once someone pushed him and he fell out of his wheelchair and Cade had to help him back into his chair. He said on Friday he didn't play basketball and just sat with the boy. This might be the most proud of him I have ever been in my entire life. It made my heart smile (and cry for this poor boy going through hell at school). He asked me if there was something he could give him or his doctors to help make him better, like a donation or something. I explained that the boy needs him as a friend more than he needs almost anything else in this world right now, and he assured me that he could do that. He is so caring and has such empathy for others, and is growing into such an exceptional young man, and I am soooo honored to be his mother!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet and awesome. I'm so proud too! Cade, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the best nieces and nephews in the world!! If I ever have children I might just have you raise them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than hearing about kids doing good things for other people. Some great kids you are raising!

    ReplyDelete