Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The many faces of Lyla Lu (14 months)

Hard to believe my baby girl is on her way to NOT being my baby girl :( She has grown up so much in the last couple of months it's crazy...and sad. She is soooo much fun (except when she is attached, literally, to my leg, which she loves to do while I try to do ANYTHING around the house). She is such a little ham, and loves for us to watch her do "tricks" and then make a big deal and clap for her. She LOVES to give hugs and kisses, especially when she hasn't seen Cade, Jax or Ella for a while; she will run to them and give them the biggest hug and then several kisses, it is sooo cute.

She still has a pretty bad temper and can go from sugary sweet to crazy maniac in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately her aggression it is often geared towards Ella (I suppose she already feels like that is her main competition :( ) She thinks it is very funny to pull Ella's hair until Ella screams for me, then I come running (to get the fist full of hair out of Lyla's hand) and she cracks up and takes off running away from me. But I will say 95% of the time they get along soooo well, and I love to watch them interact and play with each other. She loves to "show" us things she is doing; she runs up and grabs our arm or leg and will drag us to whatever she is "working" of then jibber jabbers for several seconds like she is telling us all about it.

Some of the things she LOVES: bath time, brushing her teeth, anything having to do with the outdoors, baby dolls, dancing (she does this cute scrunchy face, pouchy lip thing and open and closes her mouth so it looks like she is singing the song), blocks, balls, books, jumping on the bed, somersaults, riding her little indoor bike Woo and Gramps got for her birthday, climbing ANYTHING, and being super destructive (she can mess up a clean room faster than you can blink. Today I walked out of the room for 2 min, came back in to her standing on top of the kitchen table with a handful of coins putting them in and taking them out of a full cup of apple juice). She is also quite the daredevil; example: this evening she climbed up and stood on top of her bouncy turtle (a toy she is suppose to SIT on and bounce) let go of the handle and stood on one foot. She also loves to stand on top and the sit-n-spin and try to balance (and I DO mean the very top, not the spinning part). She is crazy tough, she falls down, gets pushed around and run over by the big kids all the time and it doesn't even phase her. I have had several people watch here take a bad fall that doesn't bother her and say "man, that must be the 4th kid in her"....if she cries, then I know she is really hurt!

She is still about 21 1/2 pounds and is now 30 inches tall. She still wears 12-18 month clothes but is finally starting to grow out of her size 3 shoes. She has her 8 front teeth and is now working on molars (which is why I think she has been an extra appendage of mine for a couple weeks now). Two of her molars have popped through in places on the top, and I can see the two bottom molars under the skin on the bottom....I hope they come in soon!

She is saying new works every day, I'm sure there are so many more, but these are off the top of my head (and I might have already written these in an earlier post, so forgive me): bath, bye, hi, yes, baby, see you, to, in, back, hot, eggs, botbot (broccoli), stop...she can almost repeat any one syllable word she hears.

I just love her sweet face; that cute dimple on her right cheek and those beautiful blue eyes; she can brighten your day by just flashing you one of her smiles :)













Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment