Friday, October 29, 2010

My little MVP

Cade had a great football season, he loved every minute of it (well, almost every minute, I think the 3 days of practice every week got a little old). He loved his coach and learned so much. He played mainly defense, outside linebacker, but at the game last week he got to run the ball for the first time and made a 60 yard touchdown (in my humble opinion he should have been running the ball the whole year...just ask dad!) He has a playoff game tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping they will let him run the ball again. He had his end of the season party last weekend and got defensive MVP! I don't think he realized it was such a big deal, but when we explained what MVP was and that out of every other kid that played defense the whole year, the coach thought he deserved the award, he was very excited. I don't hate watching him play like I thought I would, I thought I would freak out that other kids were trying to tackle him, but honestly, the way he hits, I'm a little worried for the kids he's hitting! And not to mention, the day before his first practice, Tripp had to get on YouTube and show him videos of football games. He didn't even know what a quarterback did, he asked Tripp "is the quarterback was the guy who hikes the ball".....so he has come a long way ;)

Tough guy























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A 60 yard touchdown the first time he gets to run the ball. I bet he loved that. And MVP!!! That is fabulous. Send me his email address and I'll send him an email congratulating him. What an athlete. I love this cuter than cute BIG boy.

    ReplyDelete