Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family reunion

The 3rd week in June this year my whole family, all 5 siblings (and their families), my mom, dad and aunt Sharon, rented a beach house in Kure Beach; which is about 20 minutes from my house. While there, we celebrated Father's Day, Lyla's first birthday, Claire's 2nd birthday, my 32nd birthday, and Hyrum's 30th birthday, and took family pictures (HUGE shout out to Kelli for that!!!). It was a busy, fun, crazy, loud and wonderful week! Also while there Cade was right in the middle of his baseball Allstars so him and tripp had to leave every evening for baseball practice and his games started the thursday we were there. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, I guess I was busy wrangling kids and enjoying the week as much as I could!

Uncle Hyrum reading to Tessa and Ella


Ella LOVED him :)


Crazy Cute Max and Grandaddy...Max loved this toy because it was loud and destructive...it reminded him of himself ;)


Jaxy and Ty chowing down


Tripp and Cade making dinner


Uncle Sean helping make Lyla's birthday cake


Dad and Josh


Uncle Hyrum playing ring-around-the-rosies with the girls; it was soooo fun to see all the little girls together!


Ella hanging out on one of the balconies


Aunt Sharon brought each grandchild a big baggie of special surprises, the kids loved them and it kept them very entertained...thanks again Aunt Sharon!





The "serious" clown








One night we made all the kids shuck the corn...Ella was totally grossed out, she HATED the way the little hairs felt on her hands


Tessa was a pro


Ty and Jax kept discussing the fact that this was a boring job and there MUST be corn you could buy already shucked


Lyla riding her new "bike" she got from Woo and Gramps for her birthday. It was a hit with all the little kids all week!





There were several iPads around the house, and always some kid attached to one of them


After a long hard day, snuggling with her new baby that Aunt Sharon got for her


Gammy/Momo (the east coast grandkids call her gammy, and the west coast grandkids call her Momo...confusing, I know) straightening Tessa's hair. It's funny, because Ella would get Kristin to French braid her hair while it was wet, so when it dried and we took it out, it would be curly like Tessa. The grass is always greener on the other side little ladies ;)


I think they were "singing" here. My kids will just say "ahhhhhhhhh" and Lyla copies them and they think it is hilarious.


Cade eating breakfast


He is ALWAYS eating something ;)


We went down to the boardwalk and the kids had a blast. The big boys went with uncle Josh and rode the big rides, so I don't have any pics of them.


"look mom, I'm doing my sweet smile"


Lyla was quite amazed at all the lights and action


You can't tell, but we crammed Ella, Halle and Claire on this ride


Tessa was SOOO bored of all the "baby" rides, that girls wanted some action!


Grandaddy, Ella and Lyla taking a popcorn break


Mom and I made this banner, originally for Lyla's birthday party, but since we were celebrating so many things that week, we also made Claire's name and as a surprise, Ella wrote my name for my birthday :) I hope Brie got a picture when it had Claire's name on it, I can't wait to hang it up again for Ella's birthday in November :)


Cade at one of his Allstars games


Lyla entertaining herself at the game


Cute girls





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment